Want to visit the Lady Buddha Linh Ung Pagoda Da Nang? This post has all the information you need!
Lady Buddha Da Nang is the tallest Buddha statue in Vietnam. The statue is located inside the Linh Ung Pagoda courtyard and is a must-visit during your time in Danang and Hoi An.
Besides the outstanding statue of the Lady Buddha, there are other beautiful statues and structures inside the Linh Ung Pagoda courtyard.
The place itself being situated on the top of a hill presents the best views of the massive coastline of Danang.
Thus, whether you’re religious or not, the Lady Buddha Linh Unh Pagoda in Danang should not be missed.
location of Lady Buddha Linh Unh Pagoda
Lady Buddha Danang Map
Lady Buddha is located in the port city of Da Nang in Vietnam in the Son Tra Peninsula
– at a distance of 8.3 km from My Khe beach in Danang and takes about 10-15 minutes by car
– at a distance of 10 km from Danang Central Market and takes about 20 to 25 minutes.
Danang (DAD) Airport is the closest airport to Da Nang Lady Buddha. It is about 14 km away from the Linh Ung Pagoda Da Nang and takes about 25 minutes by car.
Closest railway station
The closest railway station to the Da Nang Lady Buddha is Da Nang Railway Station which is located about 11 km away and takes about 20 minutes by car.
From Hoi An
You can even visit the Lady Buddha Linh Ung Pagoda if you are staying in Hoi An. The distance between Hoi An and the Lady Buddha Danang is about 35 km and takes about an hour by car.
Best Places to stay near Linh Ung Pagoda – Lady Buddha Da Nang
- Golden Rose Hotel – beachfront, affordable, excellent location (See prices and availability)
- Minh Boutique – serene place, spa-like rooms, perfect for couples (See prices and availability)
- Rom Casa Hotel Da Nang – one of the best hostels in Da Nang (See prices and availability)
Tourist Information to visit the lady buddha linh ung pagoda
Entrance Fee: Entry to the Linh Ung Pagoda is free.
Timings: It is open all day, every day for visitors.
Dress code: There is no official dress code at Lady Buddha Da Nang. But keep a few points in mind –
- Since Buddha is a religious figure, make sure your arms are covered when entering the premise.
- You could also wear trousers and full-length pants instead of shorts when visiting the statue.
Let me reiterate, there is no official dress code. But it is always great to be respectful of the religious sentiments of the locals when visiting a temple or a pagoda.
Make sure you are wearing comfortable shoes as you might have to walk a lot.
Safety of your belongings: There are many monkeys in this area as the mountain is also called ‘Monkey Mountain’. So make sure you are not carrying open food packets or cameras, binoculars, sunglasses, or other accessories in a way that’s easy for monkeys to snatch.
Brief History and Significance
Why is the Lady Buddha worshipped?
– Lady Buddha is considered to be the Goddess of Mercy and is worshipped by certain branches of Buddhism.
– In her right hand she holds a water vase and in her left hand, she holds a willow branch. She showers the nectar of life
– It is believed that she hears the cries of all beings in the world regardless of their background, gender, age, etc.
– She is also worshipped by the fisherman community who believe her to be their protector.
About the Lady Buddha Da Nang
– Lady Buddha was built in the Linh Ung Pagoda located right outside Da Nang on a hill in the Son Tra Peninsula.
– Its construction started on 19th June 2004 and was completed on 30th June 2010.
– Together with the other two Linh Unh Pagodas in the Marble Mountain and Ba Na Hills, it completes a triangle of protection for the people of Danang.
– The Lady Buddha is 220 feet tall and built on top of a lotus-shaped temple and can be seen from anywhere in Danang.
Things to do at the Linh Ung Pagoda
Even though Lady Buddha is the primary attraction at the Linh Ung Pagoda, there are plenty of other things to do inside the stunning complex. Here is a full list of things to do at the Linh Ung Pagoda.
Admire the Lady Buddha
Regardless of your religious beliefs, you can visit the Lady Buddha and truly admire its awe-inspiring structure.
The statue sits on top of a lotus-shaped temple and faces the city of Danang.
Take in the gorgeous view
Right opposite the Lady Buddha statue, you will find small benches from where you can see the massive coastline of Danang.
This place is the best place in all of Danang to admire the views of the city.
see Other Buddha statues
In the Linh Ung Pagoda complex, you will also find a beautiful sleeping Buddha.
You will also find many other statues of laughing Buddhas spread all across the Pagoda.
Admire the garden and the trees
The entire Ling Ung Pagoda area is beautifully maintained and is home to many stunning trees.
Spend some time admiring the colorful flowers of these trees.
You will also find many Bonsai trees in the complex that are very well-maintained.
Travel Tips for A Visit to the Lady Buddha and Linh Ung Pagoda
General Travel Tips for Lady Buddha Visit
– The best time to visit this place is in the late afternoon. Even though you don’t get direct sunset views, the changing hues of the sky make the views even more appealing.
– Carry a good camera or a good-quality camera phone to capture the beauty of this place.
– Wear comfortable shoes as you would need to walk quite a bit inside the complex. Expect to climb a few steps.
– Carry an umbrella or a hat as the heat could be harsh during peak summers
– Carry snacks but don’t open any while you are at the Lady Buddha as there are lots of monkeys who would snatch the snacks away from you. Avoid feeding monkeys.
– Clean toilets are available in the complex
– There is enough parking for vehicles, should you decide to come by private car.
Best way to Visit the Lady Buddha
The best way to visit Lady Buddha statue is on a private car tour in Danang. If you just want to visit the Lady Buddha, you can hail a private taxi as well. There is ample parking facility nearby so it will be convenient.
Getting a Grab may be difficult on your way back as the Lady Buddha is situated on top of the hill in Son Tra Peninsula. The number of available cabs may be few. So expect the booking process to take time.
Best time to Visit the Lady Buddha Linh Ung Pagoda
The dry season is the best time to visit Lady Buddha Da Nang. So January to September are the best months for visiting this place.
Avoid visiting the place in October and November or when it’s raining as it completely blocks off the otherwise magnificent views from the top.
Lady Buddha Danang: Places to visit nearby
My Khe Beach
– My Khe Beach is a solid 30 kilometer long beach located in Danang.
– It is one of the most beautiful beaches in all of Vietnam. The water is clean and the sand is soft and white.
– There are many hotels all along the beach
– The waves are mild and there are many beautiful swim-friendly areas all along the beach
Da Nang markets
There are a number of street markets near Da Nang where you can go for shopping.
– The Han Market, located in the heart of the city, is a bustling hub where you can find everything from fresh produce and seafood to handicrafts, clothing, and souvenirs.
– For a more authentic local experience, tourists can explore the Con Market, famous for its array of fresh fruits, vegetables, and local street food stalls.
– Additionally, the Night Market along the Han River is a must-visit, offering a vibrant atmosphere with stalls selling clothing, accessories, handicrafts, and delicious street food.
– Marble mountains in Da Nang are a group of five limestone marbles representing five elements of Vietnamese spirituality i.e. Fire, Earth, Water, Metal and Wood.
– They are located in the southern part of the city and are one of the primary tourist attractions in Danang.
– Thuy Son, the largest mountain in the cluster, boasts several captivating caves, including Huyen Khong Cave, Tang Chon Cave, and Am Phu Cave. The caves and the temples offer excellent insights into the Buddhist and Hindu influence on Vietnam.
– The Water Mountain at the Marble Mountains is where you would find another one of the Linh Ung Pagoda that has a 10-meter tall statue of Buddha.
– There are also spectacular viewpoints on the Marble Mountains with the Heaven Gate on top providing the most impressive views
Timing: 7 am to 5:30 pm
Fee: VND 40,000 (elevator fees extra)
🤩 This private car tour is the best way to visit the Lady Buddha (+Marble Mountains)
Pin for later